The version 1.2.6 is finally released, it's already available via automatic update and direct download.
This version should be ready for Catalina, at least I checked it with the existing betas (who knows what else can Apple break in a new OS).
Here's the list of changes and additions in this version:
- Internal Viewer got a new implementation which is more performant and stable.
- Compress operation now provides an option to protect a target archive with a password.
- Find Files sheet got an option to search for files which do not contain some text.
- New action “Copy Item Directory”: Shift+Alt+Cmd+C.
- QuickLook icons are now generated only for files with extensions conforming to a whitelist of UTIs. By default, this list includes "public.image", "public.movie" and "public.audio".
- Popup menus (F1/F2 and quick lists: Cmd+1..5) can now switch to other menus by hitting their hotkeys.
- Dragging items to the Trash now deletes them as expected.
- The in-place renaming editor now flickers less and is more responsive.
- Fixed an issue with incompatible SSH key types.
- Fixed the built-in terminal's issue of invalid scroll position after switching to file panels and back.
- Fixed an issue with an invalid placing of the Sharing popup.
- Lots of other bugfixes and internal improvements.
There is other news regarding Nimble Commander. In July my personal life took an unexpected and rather unfortunate turn which completely shattered my world. As a consequence, my priorities were changed drastically and now I aim to spend as much time with my family as possible. In practice, this means that I won't be able to invest any significant amount of time into the development of this project in a foreseeable future. I'm endlessly grateful to the users of this humble project and I feel pretty shitty about de-facto putting it on hold, but that is the state of affairs we have now.