Deselect files when add to queue

Questions, glitches, bugs and crashes
d0ublezer0

Deselect files when add to queue

Post by d0ublezer0 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:59 pm

While working with ftp:
- Select some files in the source folder on the mac (only pdf, for example) and copy them to the ftp
- The files will be added to the queue and the transfer process will begin
- At this time go to a different folder on the FTP-side
- Now you want to copy other files from the source folder, for example, xls (transmit queue is not over yet)

For this we need to manually deselect the pdf file from step 1, as they are still selected.

I do not know whether it is right, but Total Commander automatically deselected files when you add files to queue up.

Of course, because of my carelessness that by default the files are still selected, I moved a lot of files in the wrong FTP folder, where they shouldnt be. Incrementally, on each ftp folder, with the previous set of selected file types.

What you think about this?

mike

Re: Deselect files when add to queue

Post by mike » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:50 am

d0ublezer0 wrote:While working with ftp:
- Select some files in the source folder on the mac (only pdf, for example) and copy them to the ftp
- The files will be added to the queue and the transfer process will begin
- At this time go to a different folder on the FTP-side
- Now you want to copy other files from the source folder, for example, xls (transmit queue is not over yet)

For this we need to manually deselect the pdf file from step 1, as they are still selected.

I do not know whether it is right, but Total Commander automatically deselected files when you add files to queue up.

Of course, because of my carelessness that by default the files are still selected, I moved a lot of files in the wrong FTP folder, where they shouldnt be. Incrementally, on each ftp folder, with the previous set of selected file types.

What you think about this?
Hi d0ublezer0,
It's a complex one, really.
- Sometimes it's convenient to retain selection after operation is done. And, BTW, it's a default UI behavior in Mac OS X environment.
- Ideally, it might be good to clear selection as operation is in progress, i.e. item by item. But this can conflict with UI, since operations are not modal and are running in background.
- As a solution - I can add an option for file panels to automatically clear any selection after operation startup.

d0ublezer0

Re: Deselect files when add to queue

Post by d0ublezer0 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:40 pm

I just suggested it as an idea, as I'm used to do so.
If this is implemented, it would be cool