View mode setting is lost? [FIXED]

Questions, glitches, bugs and crashes
don

View mode setting is lost? [FIXED]

Post by don » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:08 am

Good day,

starting with the last update I am observing a strange behaviour - time to time Files looses the view mode setting. My preferred one is Wide and for some reason (I can not identify as to why) it reverts back to Medium. On restart. Both panels.

Any ideas where to look?

mike

Re: View mode setting is lost?

Post by mike » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:49 am

Hi don!

Can you please check the option in System Preferences mentioned here( http://filesmanager.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68 ), the damn "Close windows when quitting an app"?

Also, currently any newly created window and/or tab will initially have Medium view mode by default.
Before the last preview build such default view type was overridden every time you switch between windows/tabs, I think that was quite redundant.

Mike.

don

Post by don » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:11 am

Checked the setting.

It is not ticked.

The problem I am experiencing is that sometimes Files starts correctly and sometimes it looses the view setting and/or show invisible files setting.

In regards of the new window - is it possible to enforce the default settings somehow? So the settings used for the first window will be used for every consequent one?

don

Post by don » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:28 pm

Good day!

Anything new on this case?
Is there a log file I could collect to help identifying the issue?

mike

Post by mike » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:41 pm

Hi Don!

Can you please check the latest build 1491?

I've done some stuff to make Files behave as intuitive as it should:
- when creating a new tab, panel will copy options from a currently selected tab and will go to the same path
- when creating a new window, panels will copy options from a last active window (and selected tabs accordingly), path would be taken from Preferences

Hoping this would help.

Mike.