Third party tools support [DONE]

Any wishes
mike

Re: Third party tools support [DONE]

Post by mike » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:21 am

darek wrote:I don't know why, but now when I'm using "/Applications/Beyond Compare.app" it doesn't work well: when 2 args are given, instead of comparing these files, Beyond Compare simply opens 2 tabs. I did vaguely remember updating BC recently, perhaps they've changed something? Anyway, I had to go back to "/usr/local/bin/bcomp" which means I'm being switched to the terminal after each compare :)
Nope, last change in related sources was made July 14.
Looks like they've changed their behavior, maybe keys meaning or something.

darek

Post by darek » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:10 am

Yeah, anyway... If you'd be able to add some option/exception in the config for a specific tool to avoid switching to the terminal view, that would resolve this completely and would be useful for other terminal tools as well. The problem right now is that

* I end up in the console
* and in the wrong directory (which is the last directory terminal view remembers, unrelated to the current action)

mike

Post by mike » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:01 pm

darek wrote:Yeah, anyway... If you'd be able to add some option/exception in the config for a specific tool to avoid switching to the terminal view, that would resolve this completely and would be useful for other terminal tools as well. The problem right now is that

* I end up in the console
* and in the wrong directory (which is the last directory terminal view remembers, unrelated to the current action)
All right, will do, just need to figure out what set of startup variants should be there.
Didn't yet found a way to introduce that options without bringing some logical contradictions as an addition :)