Navigation with arrow keys [DONE]

Any wishes
warpkanal

Navigation with arrow keys [DONE]

Post by warpkanal » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Hi,

just stumbled today on this great filemanager, finally someone who gets quick lists and quick filtering right from the beginning, thx :)
I'd love to be able to navigate just with left and right arrow keys to enter a directory or go the parent directory.
Unfortunately the Hotkeys Preferences don't allow me to input these characters as a hotkey (although they were previously assigned some move in lists operations).
Would it be possible to allow this?

Regards,
Dieter

mike

Re: Navigation with arrow keys

Post by mike » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:37 am

Hi Dieter and welcome to the forum!
warpkanal wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:28 pm
I'd love to be able to navigate just with left and right arrow keys to enter a directory or go the parent directory.
And how about navigation in brief presentation mode? Using only up/down arrows may be not enough.
BTW, there're cmd+down and cmd+up for that purpose.
warpkanal wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:28 pm
Unfortunately the Hotkeys Preferences don't allow me to input these characters as a hotkey (although they were previously assigned some move in lists operations).
Would it be possible to allow this?
There's a slight difference between requirements for menu hotkeys and for ones processed directly in file panels.
The latter is much more flexible, since I have full control of a keystrokes flow, meanwhile hotkeys for menu items have some obligations from macOS itself - otherwise they wouldn't be accepted.
As a solution, I can additional hotkeys in file panels section for going into and out, similarly to Go To Home hotkey ( cmd+shift+h / ~ ).

warpkanal

Post by warpkanal » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:02 am

And how about navigation in brief presentation mode? Using only up/down arrows may be not enough.
Sure, left+right to enter/exit a folder is not suitable for all situations (personally I don't use brief modes).
BTW, there're cmd+down and cmd+up for that purpose.
Yes, and there's simply Return and Backspace as well. I just like the swiftness of left+right arrow keys (standard in some filemanagers, e.g. mucommander).
As a solution, I can additional hotkeys in file panels section for going into and out, similarly to Go To Home hotkey ( cmd+shift+h / ~ ).
Ah, ok, now I understand that the restriction is because enter/exit is a menu item.
Yes, having a dedicated one where I can enter left+right as a shortcut would be perfect!

mike

Post by mike » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:55 am

Done:
Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 15.53.30.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 15.53.30.png (299.68 KiB) Viewed 11048 times
Will be available in next preview build.

warpkanal

Re: Navigation with arrow keys [DONE]

Post by warpkanal » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:16 am

Coooool :!: :)