The comparison of TC-clones

Any wishes
igors

The comparison of TC-clones

Post by igors » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:24 am

A long time ago I made this comparison of TC clones.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

However, this one has to be updated... For example, Crax commander was powerful but somehow laggy, and so on. Before NC I was using Commander One, but they really dont update that much.

Just sharing...

rail4you

Re: The comparison of TC-clones

Post by rail4you » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:34 pm

igors wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:24 am
A long time ago I made this comparison of TC clones.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

However, this one has to be updated... For example, Crax commander was powerful but somehow laggy, and so on. Before NC I was using Commander One, but they really dont update that much.

Just sharing...
This is great, but some softwares are old versions. I add some new softwares below and some ideas:
1. Forklift 3 is a very good file manager and sftp client, transmit 5 is great too. The two softwares are two panel file tools not TC clone.
2. Double commander is cross platform. The newest double commander is much less buggy than before and can be used in regular work. This one is very powerful, I think it's the true TC clone for both windows and Mac.
3. Nimber commander is very special, the speed, the name and some operations is like TC, but the UI is really clean as a cocoa application. I think Nimber commander is a much better and powerful finder.

igors

Post by igors » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:25 pm

Nimber or Nimble :)

Yeah, I ended with Nimble as well - which means I find it the best so far - although wish to have a bit more power.

Yes, the list is old; Ive made it for TotalCommander author, but he never figured out how to use it :(

rail4you

Post by rail4you » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:56 am

igors wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:25 pm
Nimber or Nimble :)

Yeah, I ended with Nimble as well - which means I find it the best so far - although wish to have a bit more power.

Yes, the list is old; Ive made it for TotalCommander author, but he never figured out how to use it :(
Nimble is a strange name, I typed it as "nimber" even "number" before.
Nimble Commander is a file manger only for Mac, I don't think it's can as powerful as TC. TC used too many windows only tech to make plugins.
Nimble has a small but wonderful feature set, the design is so clean.

igors

Post by igors » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:33 am

exactly, that is why I like it.
I dont need full TC clone; this was just comparison.