"Get Info" dialog?

Any wishes
igors

"Get Info" dialog?

Post by igors » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:35 am

How to get "Get Info" dialog like in Finder?

rail4you

Re: "Get Info" dialog?

Post by rail4you » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:29 am

There is no "get info" dialog feature in Nimble Commander, but you can use some nice feature to get job done.

1. ^A opens "file attributes" dialog, you can even set file attributes with selected files.
2. When right click the file, you can press "alt" key to get more functions, for example, "open with" changes to "always open with". With this feature, you can change the default application without open "get info" dialog.
3. "Space" key give you a preview float window.
The only thing I miss is the "tag" and "label" feature. Nimble Commander can't handle file metadata currently.

You can also use some tricks too, for me, I use "Launchbar" to get files and press "CMD+I" to show "get info" window. Nimble Commander can redirect files to finder and use get info in finder.

bchuter

Post by bchuter » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:53 am

rail4you wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:29 am
There is no "get info" dialog feature in Nimble Commander, but you can use some nice feature to get job done.

1. ^A opens "file attributes" dialog, you can even set file attributes with selected files.
2. When right click the file, you can press "alt" key to get more functions, for example, "open with" changes to "always open with". With this feature, you can change the default application without open "get info" dialog.
The only thing I miss is the "tag" and "label" feature. Nimble Commander can't handle file metadata currently.

You can also use some tricks too, for me, I use "Launchbar" to get files and press "CMD+I" to show "get info" window. Nimble Commander can redirect files to finder and use get info in finder.
Great tips!!

I was not aware of the "alt" option so thanks for sharing ;)
I always had to open Finder and then get info and do it the long way around.
This will really help!
Bradley Chuter

rail4you

Post by rail4you » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:18 am

bchuter wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:53 am
rail4you wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:29 am

Great tips!!

I was not aware of the "alt" option so thanks for sharing ;)
I always had to open Finder and then get info and do it the long way around.
This will really help!
tip 2 is my favorate too, I was so happy when I found this feature.

JayB

Post by JayB » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:52 pm