Move & Replace : Input Mode activation [DONE]

Any wishes
don

Move & Replace : Input Mode activation [DONE]

Post by don » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:33 pm

Good day,

Wouldn't it be logical to automatically make the input window active by putting cursor there?

At the moment, if I want to rename a file I need to press Shift-F6 and then use mouse to put the cursor there before I can start typing the new name.

darek

Re: Move & Replace : Input Mode activation

Post by darek » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:01 pm

don, I don't see that on my side. After pressing SHIFT+F6 I can either start typing right away, or use left/right arrows to move the cursor around. No clicking necessary (that would drive me mad). This works more less like in Finder.

With one exception. I'm using atext, "ddate" is a shortcut I use for inserting current date. When I press ENTER in Finder and immediately type "ddate" date gets inserted. But in Files it doesn't trigger. However, when I move the cursor around first and then type "ddate" it works. So there's something fishy going on in this field, but I'm not seeing the problems you're reporting.

don

Post by don » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:13 am

Dunno.

I have the issue and honestly do not know what to do about it.

Where does filesmanager keep its settings? I could try a clean re-install to see if it goes away.

darek

Post by darek » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:27 am

Just tried files-1.1.0(1363) on Yosemite and the input focusing works properly, as it was in the past. On the other hand aText and the "ddate" shortcut doesn't work properly, as it wasn't working in the past. So overall, no changes for me ;)

What's weird, the aText problem happens in the copy/move sheet, but it works properly in find files, batch rename, go to folder, new file and other text entry fields. There's something strange going on in that copy/move sheet.

mike

Post by mike » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:25 am

Don,

Which version caused that problem with moving focus into text field?
If it was one of the last previews - that bug is already fixed.

Mike.

don

Post by don » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:48 pm

Confirming. Bug is fixed.

1365 operates correctly.

Thank you.