It's been a long time without any visible changes, now finally this major overhaul has reached some maturity stage.
I basically rewrote an entire file operations infrastructure which was designed and written back in 2013.
That code has gradually become a burden which was slowing further development of NC.
So, apart from the internal overhaul, here's a list of visible changes:
- Toolbar now has a much clearer operations display, which can resize with a window. In case of several concurrent operations running in a single window, this display now allows to switch between them much like iTunes does.
- Error dialogs are much simpler now, I've removed Hide and Retry buttons. Also, now they appears immediately upon undesired event, not waiting to be shown as before.
- File operations now can be enqueued for later execution. By default, up to 5 concurrent file operation can run inside a single window, any additional operations will await in a queue. Later this amount will be tunable in Preferences.
- Symlinks operations are now also supported in SFTP VFS.
- File attributes editing is now supported in SFTP VFS. Specifically: permissions, times and ownership. A cute detail here - NC can show a list of users/groups on a remote host, like it does on a local machine. MacOSX/Linux/xBSD hosts are supported.
- A progress bar inside the Dock icon now shows an aggregate operations progress, not of a frontmost operation as it was before.
- Now a completion of a long-running file operation ( >30s ) is indicated with a system notification.
- Now every file operation has an ETA calculation, previously it was quite ad-hoc.
- Now file operations record their progress dynamic, I plan to add graphs to visualize it later (much like Windows Explorer does nowadays).
- Show Hidden Files shortcut was changed to "shift+cmd+.".
- Fixed an issue with invalid item icons on VFS.
REMOVED DUE TO THE PROBLEM WITH THE BUILD
Any feedback is appreciated.