build 1946 - new UI, part III

Alpha/Beta versions for early access to new half-cooked features
SlavaU

Re: build 1946 - new UI, part III

Post by SlavaU » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:02 pm

mike wrote: Date-times columns format it chosen depending on column width, just make it wider. (sadly these widths are not saved yet, pardon me)
Sorry, I didn't know that. I thought the date formats and the columns widths are fix, so the second and the third suggestion lost its point.

But there is new one :)
May be it's better to force the same date format for all files and "..". Without "Today, Yesterday" etc. Now it's little bit non-uniform.

http://s23.postimg.org/rr9lhqg9n/Screen ... _44_23.jpg

JayB

Post by JayB » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Uniformity is an argument, but there's actually an advantage to having just the time (without the date) for files accessed/modified today, or "yesterday" + time for stuff that happened yesterday, namely when you have a long list of files and quickly need to find out, where the file is you're currently working on. You don't need to study all the file names; you can just look at the date format, and you're good to go. (Of course you could always sort by date, but that's an additional mouse click. ;) )

Furthermore, a fixed width might be a problem if you have a small screen, dual pane setup, and lots of columns, so there would be another advantage, namely truncating dates/times to only the time for stuff that happened today, to "yesterday" (without time) for stuff that happened yesterday, and only the date (without the time) for stuff further in the past.

mike

Post by mike » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:42 am

I'm actually not inventing the wheel here, this scheme mimics Finder's behavior, they've done a good job in this aspect.

d0ublezer0

Post by d0ublezer0 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:57 pm

strange thing..
downloaded
unpacked
moved into the application, with replacing
launched
seeing dark theme (I had "modern" before)
I changed theme in settings (but it is not applyed), the program is closed and no longer runs

sasha

Post by sasha » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:14 pm

d0ublezer0 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:57 pm
strange thing..
downloaded
unpacked
moved into the application, with replacing
launched
seeing dark theme (I had "modern" before)
I changed theme in settings (but it is not applyed), the program is closed and no longer runs
I had a similar error. For me, deleting "~/Library/Application Support/Nimble Commander" caused the app to run properly.

mike

Post by mike » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:19 am

Crash report suggests that somehow theme definition file is missing, looks like not all files were copied from app's bundle.

d0ublezer0

Post by d0ublezer0 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:17 pm

sasha wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:14 pm
I had a similar error. For me, deleting "~/Library/Application Support/Nimble Commander" caused the app to run properly.
deleting this folder cleans up the license.
but, app running only at dark theme still

UPD:
repeated removal solve the problem