Alpha/Beta versions for early access to new half-cooked features
mike

build 1996 - new UI, part V

Post by mike » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi, folks,

Here's the next preview build:
http://magnumbytes.com/downloads/previe ... (1998).zip

What's new:
  • Themes set modifications - duplicating, removing, renaming + import/export which were available previously:
    Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 20.13.41.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 20.13.41.png (70.41 KiB) Viewed 16693 times
    Built-in themes (Modern, Classic and Dark) can't be renamed or removed.
  • Have fixed that nasty crash that has been appearing in previous builds.
    Such a silly mistake: "// CFDateFormatters are not thread-safe. Do not use one from multiple threads!" :oops:
  • Remaining *.bplist storage was moved into JSON-based config.
  • Cmd+R now actually reloads directory listings.
  • Some minor visual/behavior fixes and optimizations.
Nimble Commander's source code size has reached 75KSLOC, this terrifies me a bit :?

warpkanal

Re: build 1996 - new UI, part V

Post by warpkanal » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:44 pm

:?
nc_damaged.jpg
nc_damaged.jpg (16.47 KiB) Viewed 16689 times

mike

Post by mike » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:49 pm

Re-uploaded, now it's fine.

Have tried some automatization in zipping of these builds, and seems that it didn't play well.
Interesting fact - zipping a build with a built-in NC compression and downloading this archive from web is ok, but zipping it with a system-bundled tool (/usr/bin/zip) and downloading it from web afterwards makes Gatekeeper nervous.

warpkanal

Post by warpkanal » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Thx :)

JayB

Post by JayB » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:06 pm

crashes during launch; will revert back to part IV

Code: Select all

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: __ZdlPvm
  Referenced from: /Applications/Nimble Commander.app/Contents/MacOS/Nimble Commander
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib
 in /Applications/Nimble Commander.app/Contents/MacOS/Nimble Commander
Attachments
NCcrash.txt.zip
(13.53 KiB) Downloaded 495 times

mike

Post by mike » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Tnx for info, very sorry for this nonstop crash parade.
Compatibility issue with El Capitan was the thing I've expected the least.
Especially, if it turns out to be a compatibility issue of 10.11 with a tiny C++14 construct :evil:

Here's the fixed build:
http://magnumbytes.com/downloads/previe ... (1998).zip

JayB

Post by JayB » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:57 pm

Thank you; seems to be working fine now.

JayB

Post by JayB » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:18 am

Another crash, this time when trying to compress a file (shell script text file) without an enclosing folder; the crash happens when I use NC's built-in compress command or the macOS native compress from the contextual menu. I have read-write permissions on the file, so that can't be a problem. Retried the same after putting the file into an enclosing folder, but NC crashed too. Retired in admin mode, but NC crashed too.

Doing the same in Finder works normally, as expected.

There is another issue concerning zip archiving: When zipping a file with the NC built-in compress command, the zip file is created next to the original file. When I use the macOS native compress function from the contextual menu (in Nimble Commander), the zip file is put in $HOME. Very strange. (Doesn't happen in Finder.) Note: Finder is disabled on my system.
Attachments
NCcrash20170202.txt.zip
(20.17 KiB) Downloaded 476 times

mike

Post by mike » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:35 am

JayB wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:18 am
Another crash, this time when trying to compress a file (shell script text file) without an enclosing folder; the crash happens when I use NC's built-in compress command or the macOS native compress from the contextual menu. I have read-write permissions on the file, so that can't be a problem. Retried the same after putting the file into an enclosing folder, but NC crashed too. Retired in admin mode, but NC crashed too.
This is odd, how can I reproduce this issue?
Not sure if I understand what you mean by "without an enclosing folder" - file in root directory?
JayB wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:18 am
There is another issue concerning zip archiving: When zipping a file with the NC built-in compress command, the zip file is created next to the original file. When I use the macOS native compress function from the contextual menu (in Nimble Commander), the zip file is put in $HOME. Very strange. (Doesn't happen in Finder.) Note: Finder is disabled on my system.
There're two "compress" items in context menu - default one compresses into the opposite panel, while "Compress Here" (with alt) uses current panel.

JayB

Post by JayB » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:44 am

Not sure how to reproduce it. It's a shell script (.sh file) with Finder Info, Quarantine and Resource Fork xattr. (Maybe that's the problem?)

My wording was a bit misleading. I simply meant that it's a compress action directly on a single file, not on the enclosing folder that contains the file. I.e. shellscript.sh becomes shellscript.sh.zip, instead of archivefolder (with shellscript.sh in it) becomes archivefolder.zip … I tried it on other files, like html, txt, all is fine there.

Interesting about "compress here": if you press ALT it only changes in the contextual menu, but not in Nimble Commander's Command menu (F9).