build 2163 - quick lists filtration

Alpha/Beta versions for early access to new half-cooked features
mike

Re: build 2163 - quick lists filtration

Post by mike » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:47 am

athan wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:57 am
Just a minor bug...
^1 "View Mode - Short" keyboard shortcut doesn't seem to work (in stable 1.2.x too). Selecting it from menu works though.

And a suggestion: IMHO the default panel sorting and view mode should be memorized.

Thanks and keep up the good work! Just bought an NC license and it's exactly what I was looking for! :)
Hi, athan, thanks for supporting this project, and welcome to the forum!

You're right about the issue with the "^1" hotkey, it can conflict with a system-wide one.
Well, there're obviously two solutions here - either to turn off "Switch to Desktop 1" in System Preferences or to reassign toggling of Short view mode to another key. I personally think that ctrl+left/ctrl+right combinations are more than enough to navigate between spaces in macOS, and that usage of another combination for that purpose is simply redundant.

Not sure about memorizing of sorting and view options.
They are supposed to be restored upon making of new windows and/or tabs, and when restoring application state after closing and restarting.
If they are not - please provide me with some additional information about the situation.

athan

Post by athan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:38 am

Well Mike, imho the app-wide default shorting order should be a configurable option.
Some people prefer name sorting, others like me filetype based one, why not allowing that to be saved across NC instances?
A very good example of ergonomics is Midnight Commander which allows setting different default sorting order (and viewing options) for left and right panel.

Just an idea though I trust your judgement to choose the best option to implement! :)

mike

Post by mike » Wed May 03, 2017 2:18 am

Athan, perhaps I'm missing something here.
Currently NC allows to have separate sorting options for left and right panels.
As for default sorting - your can set it initially when there's one window and one tab, and then any consequently opened windows and/or tabs will copy previous options, thus this setting will be used all the time.

athan

Post by athan » Wed May 03, 2017 12:53 pm

The problem Mike is that sorting order (and viewing mode) is not saved when NC quits.
Last edited by athan on Wed May 03, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sasha

Post by sasha » Wed May 03, 2017 12:56 pm

athan wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 12:53 pm
The problem Mike is that sorting order (and viewing mode) is not saved when NC quits.
At least in Build 2228, both are saved and restored upon restart.

athan

Post by athan » Wed May 03, 2017 1:01 pm

Hmm that's strange. Same build here but neither sorting or view mode setting is restored when NC relaunches

athan

Post by athan » Wed May 03, 2017 6:03 pm

Update: After uninstalling NC removal of app caches and reinstalling it from scratch It works restoring sorting - viewing nodes.
Really cannot figure what cause that odd behavior...