Alpha/Beta versions for early access to new half-cooked features
mike

Re: build 2228 - connections manager & Dropbox VFS

Post by mike » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:15 am

Nope, seems like there's no changes in 10.13 :(

mike

Post by mike » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:30 am

An update on theoretical iCloud Drive support as a special VFS, a sad one.
As far as I can tell after some research, at the moment there's no official support for manipulating an arbitrary folder/container in iCloud Drive.
So that means that the only way to interact with it from NC is directly via this folder: "/Users/USER/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs".
However I can't find any guarantees that these direct manipulations will be properly reflected on Apple's web services.
Experiments show that macOS is correctly syncs changes forth-and-back, but nevertheless - that's not the official way to interact with iCloud Drive.

swoop

Post by swoop » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:05 am

mike wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:30 am
An update on theoretical iCloud Drive support as a special VFS, a sad one.
As far as I can tell after some research, at the moment there's no official support for manipulating an arbitrary folder/container in iCloud Drive.
So that means that the only way to interact with it from NC is directly via this folder: "/Users/USER/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs".
However I can't find any guarantees that these direct manipulations will be properly reflected on Apple's web services.
Experiments show that macOS is correctly syncs changes forth-and-back, but nevertheless - that's not the official way to interact with iCloud Drive.
Mike, thank you for this update. I went through my workflow and I realised that I use iCloud Drive mostly in read only mode. Sort of a way to get data from mobile apps not to feed data (files) to them. Many ignore files not created by the app itself anyway.

Thus iCloud Drive in read only mode (like NTFS in macOS)? I'm stretching it, I know... ;)
Total Commander (Windows 95 - Windows 7) (retired for Mac)
Nimble Commander (retired Crax, Commander One, DCommander)
Macbook 12" 2016 - macOS High Sierra