Here's the first preview build of v1.2.6. During these months I managed to perform some significant internal cleanups and refactorings, which hopefully will make maintenance and support easier in the future.
So, what's new at the moment:
- The Internal Viewer was rewritten almost entirely. For a long time I was frustrated about the existed one due to how badly it was designed, that made small but steady improvements almost impossible to do. Also it heavily relied on Cocoa's text layout manager, which resulted in abysmal layout performance. The new implementation is much faster, properly decoupled, has unit tests and is much more malleable to change if needed. Some immediate improvements are in hotkeys support:
- cmd+1: toggle text mode
- cmd+2: toggle hex mode
- cmd+3: toggle preview mode
- cmd+0: show options popup
- cmd+L: show ‘go to’ popup
Go To popup now has an option to jump to an offset(^2) in addition to a percentage(^1).
There might still be some rough edges in the new implementation which will be polished later in this version.
- Find Files sheet got an option to search for files not containing some text.
- Dragging items to the Trash Bin now deletes them as expected.
- New action - “Copy Item Directory”: shift+alt+cmd+c.
- Popup menus (F1/F2 and quick lists: cmd+1..5) can now switch to other menus by hitting their hotkeys. For instance, when the F1 menu is shown, a hit on F2 will close the current menu and show a new one. This feature requires 10.13+.
- Fixed an issue with an invalid placing of sharing popup (like Add People when sharing a document from iCloud Drive).
- Fixed a visual glitch: Preferences->Tools parameters menu didn't get a proper appearance.
http://magnumbytes.com/downloads/previe ... (2971).zip
As always, your feedback is welcome!