Alpha/Beta versions for early access to new half-cooked features
mike

Build 2671 - v1.2.4 RC

Post by mike » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:02 am

Hi folks,

Here's the RC build of v1.2.4:
http://magnumbytes.com/downloads/previe ... (2671).zip

Recent changes in version:
  • In case when Quick Search shows all items, it will lock an arrow navigation inside the matching results, thus allowing an iterating thru matching files.
  • Recently Closed list is now longer being filtered according to current set of panels.
  • New service - "Open Folder In Nimble Commander". (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=365)
  • Fixed an issue with an invalid bottom gap after startup. (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=366)
  • Now checking if Cmd+W will close a window with more than 2 tabs in total, asks in that case.
  • Esc button can now return a window from being fullscreen.
Regards,
Mike.

warpkanal

Re: Build 2671 - v1.2.4 RC

Post by warpkanal » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:14 am

Cool, I see that you changed the tab restoration (to e.g. not remove history entries on sync/duplication), like it way better how it is now :)
Just one really minor thing: would be even more cool if tab restoration would restore to the same place in the tab bar it was before (like in a browser). Currently it restores to the right-most tab.

sasha

Post by sasha » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:06 pm

Re-open closed tabs is a major update for me. Great job! A few minor suggestions:
- Change default shortcut to Cmd+Shift+T, like Chrome, Sublime, Visual Studio Code, and many others
- Change name from "Restore last Closed Panel" to something like "Reopen Closed Tab", like the aforementioned

rail4you

Post by rail4you » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:53 am

Thank you for adding open folder service feature. Can you add "public.folder" handler too? I use this command to replace finder but still not work: defaults write com.apple.LaunchServices/com.apple.launchservices.secure LSHandlers -array-add '{LSHandlerContentType="public.folder";LSHandlerRoleAll="info.filesmanager.Files";}'

If nimble commander can handle folder utis in the system level, it will improve some workflows replacing finder. Forklift and pathfinder can handle this nicely currently.

mike

Post by mike » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:37 am

Guys, thanks for responses!
warpkanal wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:14 am
Just one really minor thing: would be even more cool if tab restoration would restore to the same place in the tab bar it was before (like in a browser). Currently it restores to the right-most tab.
But NC allows to restore a tab on another side, or even in another window - what should it do in that case?
sasha wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:06 pm
- Change default shortcut to Cmd+Shift+T, like Chrome, Sublime, Visual Studio Code, and many others
Yep, I thought about it. But, unfortunately, this shortcut is already used for showing/hiding a tab bar itself - where should this one go then?
sasha wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:06 pm
- Change name from "Restore last Closed Panel" to something like "Reopen Closed Tab", like the aforementioned
Good point!
rail4you wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:53 am
Thank you for adding open folder service feature. Can you add "public.folder" handler too? I use this command to replace finder but still not work: defaults write com.apple.LaunchServices/com.apple.launchservices.secure LSHandlers -array-add '{LSHandlerContentType="public.folder";LSHandlerRoleAll="info.filesmanager.Files";}'

If nimble commander can handle folder utis in the system level, it will improve some workflows replacing finder. Forklift and pathfinder can handle this nicely currently.
Oh, I thought you were referring a service-level interface. So you mean the interface of basically "opening" of filesystem items?

warpkanal

Post by warpkanal » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:48 am

But NC allows to restore a tab on another side, or even in another window - what should it do in that case?
Oh did not notice :)
In this case you could simply restore to the same place when NC restores to the same side, if it's in a another side or window I would restore according to the tab placement policy.
Speaking of which: is it possible to introduce a tab placement policy, to e.g. configure that new tabs to be placed right to the current active tab instead of right-most?

rail4you

Post by rail4you » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:30 am

[/quote]
Oh, I thought you were referring a service-level interface. So you mean the interface of basically "opening" of filesystem items?
[/quote]

Yes, currently nc only selects the folders if I changed default file viewer setting. I hope nc can open folders directly.
It will help many third party applications to replace "show in finder" with nc completely, alfred, launchbar and default folder x can use this feature to display their folders items in nc.

mike

Post by mike » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:31 am

rail4you wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:30 am
Yes, currently nc only selects the folders if I changed default file viewer setting. I hope nc can open folders directly.
It will help many third party applications to replace "show in finder" with nc completely, alfred, launchbar and default folder x can use this feature to display their folders items in nc.
Can you try this build?
http://magnumbytes.com/downloads/previe ... (2672).zip

rail4you

Post by rail4you » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:14 am

mike wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:31 am
rail4you wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:30 am
Can you try this build?
http://magnumbytes.com/downloads/previe ... (2672).zip
It works! It's a really nice feature!
One more extra advanced feature suggestion: When I open a folder from external applications, can nimble commander open a new tab instead of reuse the first tab. Reusing tab is a normal behavior, other file managers is the same. But open a external folder tab will make tabs more clear. The tab title can add a prefix "ext" to make the tab even more clear, for example, if I open a folder named "fonts" from alfred, nc will open a new tab named "Ext fonts"(The Ext is a temp prefix).

mike

Post by mike » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:57 am

rail4you wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:14 am
One more extra advanced feature suggestion: When I open a folder from external applications, can nimble commander open a new tab instead of reuse the first tab. Reusing tab is a normal behavior, other file managers is the same. But open a external folder tab will make tabs more clear. The tab title can add a prefix "ext" to make the tab even more clear, for example, if I open a folder named "fonts" from alfred, nc will open a new tab named "Ext fonts"(The Ext is a temp prefix).
Not sure about this. Why? Not everybody uses tabs in a file manager. I personally don't, prefer to spawn countless windows instead.