Drive mounted with sshfs has non-descriptive name [CLOSED]

Questions, glitches, bugs and crashes
xxyxxyxyx1

Drive mounted with sshfs has non-descriptive name [CLOSED]

Post by xxyxxyxyx1 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:59 pm

I mount network locations using `sshfs network_folder existing_local_folder`. In terminal, localfolder looks like a regular folder, but contains the contents of network_folder. However, in NC, both network locations are called "OSXFUSE Volume #", without anything to indicate the name of existing_local_folder.

When I have mounted a few locations in this way, it gets confusing. For example, in the following screenshot, the folders "odin" and "herm" each correspond to a sshfs network drive. But in NC, there is no way to tell which OSXFUSE Volume corresponds to which folder, except to open the folder and look at its contents. With more than two mounts, this gets very confusing.

Is it possible to get the folder names to show up in NC?

In the screenshot, you see my terminal `ls` on the left, and NC is on the right.

Thanks
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (196.96 KiB) Viewed 6796 times

mike

Re: Drive mounted with sshfs has non-descriptive name

Post by mike » Fri May 03, 2019 7:37 am

Could you check the names if you turn off the "Panels->Presentation->Show localised filenames" checkbox?

xxyxxyxyx1

Post by xxyxxyxyx1 » Sun May 05, 2019 6:46 pm

That fixed it, thanks!

what else might this change about the interface? I'm not sure what 'localized filenames' mean in general

mike

Post by mike » Sun May 05, 2019 8:24 pm

Quite often what Finder and NC (by default) show you is not the UNIX filename, but some kind of its human-friendly representation.
Other examples can include:
~/.Trash
Application packages

BTW, NC always shows the original filename at the bottom when the file is focused.