v1.2.9 is out now, available on the website and via automatic update.
The update to BigSur/ARM64 is a great example of what a royal PITA is developing software for Apple platforms - a significant investment of efforts is required just to keep it running.
Oddly enough, this release is the largest if measured by number of commits: ~400. The second largest was v1.2.0 with ~270 commits.
This version is also the first to be built with LTO (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interproc ... timization). Combined with removal of dynamic-link libraries, this allowed to keep a final .dmg size lower while shipping binary for two architectures. And it gave some performance benefits, obviously.
Here's the list of changes/improvements:
- Now contains a universal binary for ARM64 and x86-64.
- Updated for macOS Big Sur.
- Terminal emulator was significantly improved.
- Panel items are now automatically deselected after a file operation.
- Added a new action “Follow Symlink”: Cmd+Right.
- Fixed defaults paths to system applications.
- Fixed support for large directories in Dropbox VFS.
- Now a Deletion operation can be stopped during a scanning phase.
- Now file time representations are updated when a system date changes.
- Preview request now automatically expands a collapsed panel.
- SFTP VFS now supports ED25519 keys.
- FTP VFS now supports Active Mode.
- Numerous other bug fixes and improvements.
Upd. build 3523 had an issue, it was replaced with build 3524 (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=546).
Upd. another issue is fixed with build 3532 (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=547).