Version 1.4 released

New version releases, other news
mike

Version 1.4 released

Post by mike » Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:54 pm

Hi all,

I've released a new version of Nimble Commander - v1.4.

Main changes in this release are the following:
  • Updated for macOS Ventura.
  • Now supports opening compressed non-archived files with these extensions: .bz2, .gz, .lz, .lz4, .lzma, .lzo, .xz, .z, .zst.
  • Find Files and (De-)Select by Mask now both support masks based on regular expressions.
  • Reformatted the UI of the Find Files dialog to make it more laconic.
  • Themes are now following the current macOS appearance, automatically switching between the two selected themes whenever the system-wide appearance changes. That's configurable and can be disabled. By default, the built-in "Light" and "Dark" themes are selected.
  • Added two new hotkeys: Shift+Cmd+Left/Right to focus the left/right panel.
  • Now scrolling caused by keypresses is instantaneous by default for both Brief and List presentation modes. The "filePanel.presentation.smoothScrolling" config setting controls this behaviour.
  • Batch Rename now picks a longest filename to select a range of characters from.
  • Improved the robustness of in-place renaming, that fixes the situations when a filesystem change discarded the in-place editor.
  • Improved the robustness of the filesystem notifications handling. Now NC tries to rely on system notifications whenever possible but also keeps a backup in case the events don't come.
  • Now switching to a Single-Pane mode and then back to Dual-Pane mode preserves the proportion between the panels.
  • Fixed an issue with moving items into the ".." directory.
  • Fixed a performance degradation when calculating directories sizes in a massive listing.
  • Fixed an issue with dragging a file into NC when a Full Disk Access was not granted, which could end up in an error.
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect horizontal alignment of a scroller in the Brief presentation mode.
  • Fixed the visual glitches in the Dark mode caused by transparency of the List view headers.
  • Cmd-Backspace no longer moves an item to Trash when its being renamed via in-place filename editor.
  • Fixed a visual glitch of wrongly truncated filenames being when they could fit entirely.
  • Fixed an issue with WebDAV that the MOVE request wasn't conforming to the RFC and could fail on some servers.
  • Fixed an issue that cloud-based file providers caused huge resources consumption when browsing these directories.
  • Improved the consistency of the custom hotkeys handling. Now non-menu actions rely on hotkey characters instead of key codes as previously.
  • Fixed an issue with the built-in terminal that is didn't support custom shells that are relative symlinks.
  • Fixed a visual glitch when Brief Mode wasn’t displaying items until manually scrolled.
  • Fixed a sporadic deadlock in the native VFS happened when setting up listeners to notifications of the filesystem events.
  • Fixed a QuickLook crash when switching between some PDF files.
  • Fixed a UI crash that could happen when filenames contain newline symbols.
  • Many other fixes, improvements and optimizations.
The version is already available by both direct download (https://magnumbytes.com/downloads/relea ... mander.dmg) and via automatic update mechanism.

Thanks for your ongoing support!

With regards,
Mike

don

Re: Version 1.4 released

Post by don » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:04 pm

Bravo and thank you!
Happy new year!

darek

Post by darek » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:31 am

Mike, thanks! Pretty packed release you've cooked here 💪
I was wondering whether it's safe to update to Ventura and now that my most important piece of the puzzle is covered I might be tempted to make the jump :)
All the best to you in the upcoming 2023!

mike

Post by mike » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:12 pm

don wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:04 pm
Bravo and thank you!
Happy new year!
Cheers!
darek wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:31 am
Mike, thanks! Pretty packed release you've cooked here 💪
I was wondering whether it's safe to update to Ventura and now that my most important piece of the puzzle is covered I might be tempted to make the jump :)
All the best to you in the upcoming 2023!
Yeah, Ventura is fine. Fixed some bugs, added new ones - same old story :)