Version 1.2.1 released

New version releases, other news
mike

Version 1.2.1 released

Post by mike » Mon May 29, 2017 8:31 am

Hi, folks!

v1.2.1 is finally released:
http://magnumbytes.com/downloads/releas ... mander.dmg
The build is available in the auto-update system.

Major changes in this version:
  • Added a new VFS: Dropbox.
  • Added support for mounting of network shares.
  • Added the network connections management window.
  • Added a customizable favorite locations list.
  • “Favorites” pop-up now has a section with frequently visited locations.
  • Navigation pop-ups now support a quick selection by keyboard typing.
  • “Duplicate” command is now accessible via the main menu or via the Cmd+D hotkey.
There're dozens of other less important changes/improvements/optimizations/bugfixes, but it's not feasible to list hundreds of commits :)

With regards,
Mike.

d0ublezer0

Re: Version 1.2.1 released

Post by d0ublezer0 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:44 pm

First, many thanks for your work!

Found this on FTP:
It is a folders (sites on remote FTP), not files.
They were displayed as folders before.

mike

Post by mike » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:06 pm

Thanks for reporting, will fix.

swoop

Post by swoop » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:32 am

I have to second the previous bug.
- Indeed, folders over SFTP have the wrong icons

The other bug I have noticed, is related to copying folder from SFTP source over already existing folder (containing some of the source files already).
- When selecting <Skip All>, the total amount of data (GB) remains as if the skipped files still need to be copied
- Leads to wrong progress bar size / ratio
- Leads to wrong remaining files count
Total Commander (Windows 95 - Windows 7) (retired for Mac)
Nimble Commander (retired Crax, Commander One, DCommander)
Macbook 12" 2016 - macOS High Sierra

mike

Post by mike » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:50 am

swoop wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:32 am
I have to second the previous bug.
- Indeed, folders over SFTP have the wrong icons
Yep, in fact that's a consequence of a removing of some functionality that seemed to be redundant, which was made in order to fix these crashes: http://magnumbytes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1387#p1387.
It turns out, that functionality wasn't redundant at all, sigh... :(

The problem is that macOS doesn't provide any API to determine that certain icon is a "default" one.
So previously when NC had been meeting a new file extension, it had been asking the system for the corresponding icon, which has been compared it with the exemplar on bits level. And that process involved all kinds of multithreaded horrors.

Looks like I need to find another clever hack to cope with these icons.
swoop wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:32 am
The other bug I have noticed, is related to copying folder from SFTP source over already existing folder (containing some of the source files already).
- When selecting <Skip All>, the total amount of data (GB) remains as if the skipped files still need to be copied
- Leads to wrong progress bar size / ratio
- Leads to wrong remaining files count
Right, current implementation can't decrease statistical values during execution of an operation.
This will be fixed in new infrastructure of file operations.

bchuter

Post by bchuter » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:42 pm

Just a quick shout out to you Mike !!!
I come from a Windows environment of many years using Total Commander.
I have only very recently started using MAC's and ive been finding it very difficult to find a suitable alternative.
All the other apps ive tried are SLOW as hell!!! and I always seem to get some features and lose others!
NC seems to be the closest thing i have now found to TC and after fixing a few hot keys to fit with my old habits on TC
im finding this app FREAKING AWESOME!!!
NC is also SO much FASTER than all others.
Wish i hadnt paid for CRAX already!
Suffice to say, ill be purchasing NC as soon as my 30days are up :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks for your work !!!
Bradley Chuter

bchuter

Post by bchuter » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:51 pm

3 feature requests please :

1. Can you implement a copy queue. F5 to copy and F2 to start copy in a queue then doing any other copy and adding to queue continues to add to the end of the queue (like Total Commander :mrgreen: )

2. Allow selection of external compression tool or selection of different file formats. For instance allowing to use an external archiver or allow us to select different archive formats like 7z etc.

3. I use "space" mapped as hotkey for "File Panels->Toggle Selection". could you add in preferences the option to calculate folder size when using the toggle selection (same as "alt+shift+return")

many thanks
Bradley Chuter

darek

Post by darek » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:04 am

@bchuter - Mike is just a damn good programmer. True story. And that's important, since a file manager is a critical tool, with access to everything, and we need have 100% trust it's doing the job correctly. Also, he's coming from a game development background, which makes him appreciate optimization and performance.

As every superhero, he has a weakness though -- marketing-fu is not very strong with this one ;) So you could help him and other TC/PC converts by spreading the word. On that note, three questions for you:

1. How did you find out about CRAX? Googling (what terms?)? Links?
2. How did you find Nimble Commander?
3. Any ideas what Mike could do to reach more people like you?

This could help him. Obviously, the tool is great (I'm switching between TC/NC every day, so I know), we just need to let more people know about it. So, on Mike's behalf, thanks for your help! :)

bchuter

Post by bchuter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:27 am

@Darek

Hi there, yeah i really like this app!!

the way i heard about it and all the others was on Ghisler's site for TC.
He has a list of alternatives for TC and to my dismay! Nimble Commander was on the bottom of the list.
This is the only reason i ended up buying CRAX.....i simply had not ventured far enough down the list.
I would suggest you reach out to Ghisler and get Nimble moved up that list to No.1!!!

I also have noted that i get not one response from CRAX support team when asking questions.
Only when i asked questions regarding payment did they promptly respond. All my other enquiry's are yet to be answered.

Im just very glad i stumbled onto Nimble. It has made the transition from TC much easier.
Finding this forum is also great as i can see this app is actively in development and this is great!!!

Keep up the good work!!
Bradley Chuter

darek

Post by darek » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 am

@bchuter Thanks so much! I'm sure this will help Mike. I just looked up that page and right you are :) Here's the link:

https://www.ghisler.com/download.htm

One thing -- would you be willing to let Ghisler know that NC deserves to be bumped up? Basically, you could forward him what you wrote above :) Because Mike reaching out to him is one thing, but hearing from you, a long time TC user who has finally found a worthy replacement on Mac is something that would speak much louder and is more trustworthy (you have no commercial reason to recommend one over another).

I'll do the same from my side, as a happy user of NC. Perhaps our two votes would make a difference!