Cmd-+ should use current file extension [DONE]

Any wishes
achekulaev

Cmd-+ should use current file extension [DONE]

Post by achekulaev » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:55 am

Pressing Cmd-+ to quickly select files by mask should auto-substitute mask with extension from file under cursor.

E.g. on the screenshot below I have "Monosnap 2015-07-16.jpg" as file under cursor so pressing Cmd-+ should auto-propose to select all JPG files (just like I did manually on screenshot)

mike

Re: Cmd-+ should use current file extension

Post by mike » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:46 am

achekulaev wrote:Pressing Cmd-+ to quickly select files by mask should auto-substitute mask with extension from file under cursor.

E.g. on the screenshot below I have "Monosnap 2015-07-16.jpg" as file under cursor so pressing Cmd-+ should auto-propose to select all JPG files (just like I did manually on screenshot)

achekulaev,
Currently Files is showing the latest entered mask.
So, what if someone really wants mask be the same as the last time?
For example - I have a mask like "*.h, *.cpp, *.mm, *.m" in history and sometimes I'm going thru several directories selecting items with the same mask.
In such use case automatically changing mask to current extension could be uncomfortable.

darek

Post by darek » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:40 am

Just FYI, here's what Total Commander does:

Num+ : Expand selection (configurable: just files or files and folders)
Num- : Shrink selection

These work pretty much like in Files, they remember the last option used. This works very well. But there are these two which handle achekulaev's scenario:

Alt+Num+ : Select all files with the same extension
Alt+Num- : Remove selection from files with the same extension

These don't trigger any dialog windows, but just expand selection to other files with the same extension as the file that the cursor is pointing to.

Also, these two handy sometimes:

Num* : Invert selection (also with shift, see link)
Num/ : Restore selection

One more thing: by default TC treats folders and files differently. You can set it up to select both of them or files only. So if you for example choose that Num+ selects files only then SHIFT+Num+ will change the mode to select directories as well. All the other combos for selection work with SHIFT key in the same way.

mike

Post by mike » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:36 am

Hi guys!

Have just added two new hotkeys:
- alt+cmd+= - selects all items with current item's extension
- alt+cmd+- - deselects all items with current item's extension

Mike.