Here's the next preview build of NC, now v1.4.
- Updated the icon to be squarish;
- Now NC supports opening compressed / non-archived files, i.e. with these extensions: .bz2, .gz, .lz, .lz4, .lzma, .lzo, .xz, .z, .zst. There are some limitations though - this new VFS expands the compressed file immediately into memory when opening, hence there is a limit to its expanded size. Right now I set it to 64Mb;
- Added two new hotkeys: Shift+Cmd+Left/Right to focus the left/right panel.
- Fixed the issue with moving files into the ".." directory. (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=609)
- Fixed a performance degradation when calculating directories sizes in a massive listing (say with thousands entries).
- Giant file listings (i.e. with 10k+ entires) are now sorted using multiple CPU cores, which results in a better responsiveness.
- Fixed a QuickLook crash when switching between some PDF files. Or, rather, worked around it - Apple still ignores the problem. Now NC has an internal list of "hazardous" extensions, for which the widget is completely reset before showing another item. That results in a tiny flicker. The list is editable in the configuration as "filePanel.presentation.quickLookHazardousExtensionsList".
- Fixed an issue with dragging a file into NC when a Full Disk Access was not granted, which could end up in an error.
- More performance optimisations across the codebase.
https://magnumbytes.com/downloads/previ ... (3736).dmg
Your feedback is welcome.
Thanks and stay safe,