Can't drag from/to Cyberduck [FIXED]

Questions, glitches, bugs and crashes
darek

Can't drag from/to Cyberduck [FIXED]

Post by darek » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:14 pm

I'm not sure if this is a general issue with dragging or whether it happens only with Cyberduck, but I can't drag and drop files between these two. I have to launch Finder, which is horrible ;)

mike

Re: Can't drag from/to Cyberduck

Post by mike » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:39 am

darek wrote:I'm not sure if this is a general issue with dragging or whether it happens only with Cyberduck, but I can't drag and drop files between these two. I have to launch Finder, which is horrible ;)
Darek, that's a somewhat known issue... :(
The same problem appears with VLC player.
It's related with OS X having two entirely different drag&drop schemes (an "old" one and a "new" one) and some soft (especially OSS) still uses an old one, which is deprecated since 10.7.
I currently don't know how to fix this...

darek

Post by darek » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:17 am

Hmh... I've tried two more FTP clients. Transmit by Panic and Yummy FTP. It looks like Files can't accept files being dragged from any of these. I don't know much about drag and drop on OS X, but this seems weird that all these programs would have problems.

Also, I've noticed that dragging works, but only in one way. If I drag a file from Files ("file from Files", that name! ;) ) they all accept it (Cyberduck, Transmit and Yummy FTP). But I can't drop anything into Files from any of those.

With VLC it's different, because I can't even drag files from Files into VLC. But it does work when I drag them from Finder into VLC though, so obviously Finder uses something that works. But for what it's worth, I can't drag files from Transmit into VLC either.

This is all very weird :)

mike

Post by mike » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:00 am

Uh, it seems to be unrelated with VLC issue.
I've found that Files didn't accept some kind of drags and that's why Cyberduck wasn't able to drop anything there.
You can check a fixed version, at least I was able to drag a file from a Cyberduck into Files panel:
http://filesmanager.info/downloads/prev ... (1207).zip

darek

Post by darek » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:00 am

Hmh... I've downloaded it, but I'm getting a weird error: "“Files.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash." Can you repro this on your side?

mike

Post by mike » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:34 pm

Ouch, yep.
I've re-uploaded a valid zip.
There was some failure with symlinks while archiving a binary.

darek

Post by darek » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Oh, yes! Now I can drag in and out from both Cyberduck and Transmit. Good job, Mike! :)