It's been a long time without any news, but here's finally something fresh.
I overhauled some major components in the built-in terminal emulator, as the previous implementation started to show more and more issues over time.
Essentially the VT100 engine was re-written almost from scratch.
This time it's a much more solid codebase with a ton of test coverage, which will make gradual improvements much easier in the future.
It's hard to make a full list of changes, but that's something that comes to mind:
- Synchronisation between NC and shells should be much better now, it became two-way instead of one-way as before;
- Better support for [t]csh shells;
- Mouse support;
- More display features are supported now, e.g. bold/blinking/hidden characters;
- Colours handling should be more correct now;
- Character sets now do what expected;
- Support for bracketed pasting mode;
- Many previous glitches were fixed.
Obviously, with such drastic change something must have been missed out and/or implemented wrongly.
So I'd be really grateful for any feedback regarding the built-in terminal in this preview build:
https://magnumbytes.com/downloads/previ ... (3308).dmg
Thanks and stay safe!