v1.3 is finally out on the website.
It turned to be quite extensive - many different areas were touched, overall this release continues to gradually polish UX and bring various "quality of life" improvements.
Here's the list of notable changes:
- List view now has the Extension and the Date Accessed columns.
- Items can now be sorted by Date Last Opened a.k.a. "atime".
- Built-in Viewer now does scrolling along a predominant axis only.
- Built-in Viewer can now update its content by Cmd+R or automatically on native filesystems.
- Brief System information now shows additional info in the CPU and the RAM boxes.
- Quick Search no longer handles the Space key by default.
- The Backspace key can now be assigned to any file panel shortcut.
- Batch Rename now supports the [P] and the [G] placeholders for parent and grandparent directory names.
- Batch Rename now supports text processing for the [A] placeholder.
- Now the toolbar tries to resolve full paths for short names of command-line tools to show their icons.
- Move to Trash can now work in Admin Mode.
- Added an option to choose which file operations should be enqueued and which should always start immediately.
- A generic error dialog shown by file operations can now implicitly mark the "Apply to All" checkbox if Shift is pressed.
- Locked items can now be unlocked by file operations.
- Stability of the WebDAV VFS was improved.
- Dropbox VFS now uses short-lived access tokens.
- Fixed a crash when an External Tool asks for a parameter value.
- Fixed a crash when in-place renaming was used in combination with Quick Search.
- Fixed an issue that Quick Search prompt was not updated when a panel was reloaded.
- Fixed an issue that in-place renaming could remove focus from a current panel.
- Fixed an issue with saving the configuration when the Users folder was placed on a non-root volume.
- Fixed an issue with the built-in terminal when a custom shell was a symbolic link.
- Fixed an issue with the inability of PSFS VFS to kill a process.
- Fixed an issue of silent failing to drag an item into an NC window when lacking permissions.
- Fixed a visual glitch with vertical separators when Classic theme was used.
- Fixed a visual glitch of blurred panels after switching between Retina and Non-Retina displays.
- Fixed a freeze in the Batch Rename dialog when renaming a large number of items.
- Many other improvements and optimizations.
Thank you for your ongoing support and interest in this project!