The first preview of v1.5.0 brings the long-overdue improvements to the built-in terminal emulator:
- Much improved support for arbitrary-long Unicode symbols, no limits for combining/joining/variation characters, proper layout based on grapheme clusters etc. Now supports zalgo text, complex emoji and other weirdness;
- Improved I/O efficiency - NC no longer spawns a thread per each terminal session;
- Added support for italic text;
- Full support for 8-bits colours;
- Partial support for 24-bit colours - they are recognised and dithered into closest available 8-bit color;
- Improved rendering efficiency.
The link to the preview build:
https://magnumbytes.com/downloads/previ ... (3915).dmg
Your feedback is very welcome.